Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Back In The Saddle

Well, for the folks holding their breaths to see if I would continue writing my blog, you can now exhale. I was at NORWAC through Sunday, and then I was ill Monday and Tuesday (what a bummer…I didn’t even make it to Folk Life Festival this year, which is pretty darn disappointing!). Oh, well what can you do? I would definitely have made it to Folk Life on Monday if I hadn’t been flat on my back, and the conference was fantastic, well worth missing three days of food, festival, and fun.

Fact of the matter is, I learned a lot at NORWAC this weekend. What a great convention…much better and more fun than I imagined it would be. Highlights included working with the challenging energies of interceptions and T-squares, Neptune as a means to receiving and manifesting one’s dreams, and Uranus as a tool for blowing up old, conditioned patterns. Sessions on astrological timing (whether using the natal chart as a day clock to chart bio-rhythms or using the secondary progressed Moon with transiting Saturn) were also very useful, as were the discussions on astrology itself: ethically, professionally, and historically. It was also fantastic to receive lectures from authors whose books I own and respect; truly a wonderful experience.

And one I could blog about at length, if I let myself. Actually, I’m still digesting the ideas and discussions, incorporating them into myself. Probably, I’ll get to them over the next few days…if not on this blog, hopefully in my own astrological practice.

In addition to neglecting my blog, I’ve also been slacking on the sports pages. Last time I checked, the M’s were under .500 (again). Now six days and five wins later, they’re over .500 and within shouting distance of the Angels. Tonight, they are again playing in L.A. and have a pretty good chance of finishing the series with a win. After all, Hernandez is pitching tonight and this is a pretty good time for him from an astrological point of view…Jupiter is trine his Sun giving him a jovial, confident feeling. At the same time, Saturn is trine his Sun (from the other side of the chart) making sure he keeps that confidence disciplined, doing what he needs to do without going overboard. It’s hard to tell for certain without his actual birth time, but it would appear Mars is closing in on his Sun and Moon, making him fiery and energetic both inside and out, and is also moving trine Felix’s natal Saturn, giving him courage to take on his normal fears, doubts, and self limits.

It appears the Angels will be starting Jered Weaver (younger brother of “the Weave”), quite fitting opposition as his Sun sign Libra directly opposite Felix’s Sun sign Aries. The stars aren’t nearly as energetic for Jered tonight, so he’s going to need help from the rest of his team…lucky for him, baseball is a team sport and Libra’s are excellent team players.

Hmmm…I might actually have to watch this game.

Football’s my normal sport, and I couldn’t help but notice the ridiculous article in USA Today about the 49ers having a shot at number one in the NFC West. Even if I wasn’t a Seattle fan, this article would smell pretty offensive. The fact that 61% of voters polled are saying Frisco can win the West is…well, it’s disgusting to be quite frank, and I would say it smacks of some pretty severe ignorance!

‘Course, it appears that my Scorpio insecurities have gotten all riled up…probably because the article fails to account for or mention my Seattle Seahawks (with the exception of former Seahawks now playing/coaching for San Fran). Here’s the Note of the Day: if you’re going to talk about who’s the top team and whose going to the play-offs in the NFC West, you’d better be mentioning the Seattle Seahawks. Let me refresh your memory:

2004 – 1st in the NFC West
2005 – 1st in the NFC West
2006 – 1st in the NFC West

Not a bad track record for the ‘Hawks the last couple years, and I’m not expecting a drop-off till 2009 or so. Right now, the road to #1 in the NFC West definitely necessitates going through the Pacific Northwest...please don't insult my intelligence!

But, hey, I realize I’m not at my most objective right now. Tell ya’ what: I’ll do an astrological work-up on the 49ers and we’ll see what we see. Maybe Alex Smith and Frank Gore are worth putting money on...but I wouldn't bet on it!

No comments: