Thursday, May 10, 2007

This is Weaver's 2nd Game since the Royals?!

So did I mention I’ve been in Hawaii the last 10 days?

All right, all right…I feel like a serious heel. Weaver already pitched (Saturday) and seems to have done a fine job against the Yankees…well, before giving up 5 runs in the 5th. Still, the M’s played him on the road and played him for five innings again today, which is pretty much what I hoped for.

I was talking with my local bartender this afternoon (an ex-pitcher and baseball fan) and he also excuses the recent ineptitude of Weaver; however, not based on any astrological reasons. He chalks it up to strike zone differences between the NL and AL, and says it generally takes a year for a pitcher to adapt to the new league. So why’d we offer Weaver a one year contract for $8+ million?

I guess that’s why I’m an astrologer and not a GM.

Regardless, Weaver is not in for smooth sailing. Uranus is pretty much in direct opposition to Jeff’s Venus, and Pluto is square to Mars and quite possibly Mercury. This is a time of testing for Mr. Weaver. Not only does he need to make sure he continues to be authentic (including accepting what responsibility is his for his pitching problems) he also needs to use the lessons of this time to transform his own abilities. Quitting is not going to stop the transformative process…it’ll just transfer the same struggle to a different arena.

I wish him the best of luck!

(oh, yeah…and in the future I’ll make sure to do a bit more research before blogging off the top of my head)

No comments: