Friday, June 15, 2007

Aaaand...It's All Over

So it’s all over…and I missed every single game. The San Antonio Spurs won in 4 games, and it’s not even front page news (at least not in the papers I saw…had to dig through the web pages for a decent bite as well).

One blogger (found at USA Today) called it the “Worst Final Series of All Time,” though it is unclear from his blog why exactly he calls it this. I mean, it appears his main complaint is the NBA play-off structure needs to be “re-vamped” but I don’t understand why that would matter as to whether or not it was a good series. Again, I guess I’m just not much of an NBA fan.

It would appear people were bored with the teams playing in the finals, but again I’d like to point out this year’s finals consisted of teams that were predominantly Earth-Air-Water signed…not flashy Fire signs. So what? I’d think basketball fans would want to watch good basketball…I can only assume that the teams in the finals are playing the best basketball of the year; isn’t that why they’re the final two teams? The NBA plays their play-offs in series…it’s not like the NFL where a couple bad calls in one game can knock a team out of the play-offs!

So…I don’t get it. I’d think that basketball fans would be happy with a week of basketball championship games. I can tell you the Super Bowl is always an event at my house...even when the Seahawks aren’t in it!

At least San Antonio is happy (I hope). And Capricorn LeBron still gets paid (as Cappies do).

In other news: the Mariners have dropped two games and are now 5 games back. See? Good thing I wasn’t holding my breath (and now I will officially stop watching baseball standings until late August).

Also: the smell of football pre-season is in the air! As the Sun is still in the sign of Gemini, teams are still collecting and collating data on their players (and on other teams), in addition to doing the casual communication, meet-and-greet with the new guys. As we pass into the sign of Cancer, expect teams to start knuckling down on the contract negotiations, building a home for the “family members,” and retreating a bit from the media spectacle that proceeds the public anticipation in the sign of Leo (that’s August, folks).

No comments: